1. How old will you be in five years?
Ten years older than I was five years ago.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
Mrs. Gneech, Buddha, and Dasher
3. How tall are you?
6' 2 1/2"
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
5. What's the last movie you saw?
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Lost Continent ("Rock climbing, Joel.")
6. Who was the last person you called?
The vet, I believe.
7. Who was the last person to call you?
8. What was the last text message you received?
film2edit arranging visitey stuff.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Getting ready for bed, I think. Depends on if sirfox had headed home by that point, I didn't look at the time.
12. Are your parents married/divorced?
13. When did you last see your mom?
A month or two ago.
14. What color are your eyes?
15. What time did you wake up today?
16. What are you wearing right now?
Jeans and an "I [Godzilla] Tokyo" t-shirt.
17. Do you like Christmas songs?
Happy and upbeat ones, yes.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
The U.K. ... where, by a strange coincidence, I am actually going next year.
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
There are a variety of possibilities. I'm going to guess about 2" to the left.
22. Do you tan or burn?
Burn. Burn, burn, burnity-burn.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Ghosts, or sometimes bigfoot.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
A Bit of Fry and Laurie
25. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Does it make vibrations pass through the air? Yes.
26. How big is your bed?
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Yes, I do. Plus an iPad.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
29. What color are your sheets?
Some pine green ones, some burgundy ones. I don't remember which are on the bed currently.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What is your favorite season?
33. What do you like about winter?
Clear blue skies, the ability to finally dress properly.
34. What do you like about the summer?
35. What do you like about spring?
The D.C. Cherry Blossom Festival, often beautiful weather.
36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Falls Church, Richmond, Reston, Herndon.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Shoes. Preferably my comfy boots.
39. Are you a social person?
I'm a sociable introvert.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
Sausage links, egg, toast.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Prima Pizzeria of my youth, sadly long gone.
42. What is your favorite kind of ice cream?
A combo of Baskin Robbins' chocolate fudge and french vanilla, in a cup.
43. What is your favorite dessert?
44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I don't generally care for PB&J. If I had to pick one, grape.
46. Do you like Chinese food?
47. Do you like coffee?
A very specific sub-set of coffee.
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
One or two, depending on the circumstances.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Usually a bottled mocha Frappuccino, microwaved for 2 minutes to make it "hot coffee."
50. Walker Texas Ranger or MacGuyver?
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
I sleep on the other side.
52. Do you know how to play poker?
I know the rules; I'm hardly a master.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
Early and often.
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
Never been out of the U.S.
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
Not generally, but I am occasionally prone to obsessions.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
Out, probably, but we'd rather it was home.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe that strange things happen sometimes; but as for what it actually is, I don't have sufficient data.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
59. Do you want kids?
Not bad enough to actually have 'em.
60. Do you speak any other languages?
Bits of Latin, bits of German, bits of Quenya. Not enough of any to make a coherent sentence without coaching.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yup, most notably in my knee.
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yup, when I was a toddler.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
They both have their uses.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
65. Do you know how to drive a stick?
I know the concepts, but I wouldn't trust me with your car if you value your gears.
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
67. Do you wear any jewelry?
I used to periodically wear the occasional medallion; these days it's pretty much restricted to a wedding ring.
68. What is/are your favorite TV show/s?
I.T. Crowd and Doctor Who are the current ones. There are plenty that I have loved in the past but are long gone. I don't actually watch much TV these days.
69. Can you roll your tongue?
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Not any more.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
The Venga Bus by the Venga Boys.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
A Starbucks/iTunes "Pick of the Week" card.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
I generally leave my closet doors open all the time.
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Bear. They can be scared off by loud noises.
78. Do you flirt a lot?
Yes, but only with a highly select few. ;)
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Honey mustard, if I must.
80. What is your favorite food?
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
I probably could with instructions. But I've never tried.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Yes, but it was an emergency.
83. Have you ever run out of gas?
84. What is your usual bedtime?
Around 11:00 p.m.
85. What was the last book you read?
Murder On the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie.
86. Do you read the newspaper?
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
No, but Mrs. Gneech subscribes to Wired and Cat Fancy.
89. Do you watch soap operas?
No. Nor do I watch soap operas disguised as fantasy/sf/genre shows.
90. Do you dance in the car?
91. What radio station did you last listen to?
WAMU, American University public radio, D.C.
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
Plot notes for Book Three of NeverNever.
94. What is your favorite candle scent?
95. What is your favorite board game?
97. When was the last time you attended church?
It was either a wedding or a funeral. Not sure which.
98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
We called him "Uncle Bob." He was my A.P. English teacher. Runner-up was Mr. Tiscornia, or "Jolly Old Mr. T," who taught me freshman Earth Science. He was very cool.
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
Buddha, who ate some tuna the other night. :)