I spent a lot of the weekend trying to come up with ideas for the bonus stories, but I didn't want to just stare at a blank screen while I did that -- I do my best composing while I'm doing something with my hands. So I almost-completely finished the Ghostbuster uniform belt gizmo. The hardware is done:
...and I went with the "acrylic paint" method of dyeing the holster black, as I couldn't find any stuff made specifically for dyeing leather at the craft store. The second coat is drying now, and sometime in the near future I'll treat it with black shoe polish to seal it. I'll post a complete "how I did it" page once it's all finished and hooked to the belt.
So, as I say, a productive weekend. My goals for the upcoming week:
Monday: Write story three, fix Vol 3 typos.
Tuesday: Covers and incidental art.
Wednesday: More covers and incidental art; assign ISBNs.
Thursday: Whatever last steps need doing. Try to have Vol 2 and Vol 3 off to the printer.
Friday: Padding day.
If absolutely necessary, things can shove back as far as next weekend, and still get books in time for AC. But I'm going to push against that, a) to avoid working in crisis mode, and b) because it's more expensive! The funding raised by the Kickstarter project has given me a pretty good cushion against the cost of emergency shipping, but it's still money I'd prefer not to spend if I can avoid it.
Fun times! Excitement, adventure, and really wild things! It's a good time to be me. :)
Good night, world, and have an awesome tomorrow!