That ... was a heck of a storm that rolled through here last night.
Just after midnight.
Shaking the windows.
Blasting trees right and left.
Making it very difficult to sleep.
List 10 things about your art and post them in your journal:
Well okay I will...
1. My earliest attempts at drawing were Bambi, Peanuts, and Star Trek.
2. My cartooning style started out as a kind of hybrid between Berke Breathed and Walt Kelly, without being anywhere near as good as either of them. These days it has a more well-rounded set of influences, and can occasionally be pretty good when I'm on a roll. I still have slumps that drive me crazy, tho, and have a lot of trouble drawing without references.
3. I cannot color inside the lines. I have never been able to color inside the lines. I don't have enough control over my hand movements to even trace a line exactly.
4. As an outgrowth of #3, I looooove Photoshop. It has undo, and an eraser tool.
5. As an outgrowth of #4, I don't do a very good job with real media, 'cause I'm spoiled by the tools in Photoshop. I am working on correcting this, however.
6. I would very much love to do more art for fun, as well as for art shows, but lately I have a lot of trouble coming up with ideas.
7. It takes me so long to do a finished piece, that 85% of my art is just sketches. On the other hand, I've become fairly adept at working with a #2 pencil!
8. Writing is much, much easier than art, for me. I know lots of people, such as Vince, for whom the exact opposite is true. I envy their facility like crazy ... but on the other hand, I love being able to write quickly!
9. Furries is much more fun to draw than people is. ;)
10. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. People who can do technical drawings do some bizarre kind of voodoo that I just stare at in total incomprehension.