- Sun, 15:38: Mrs Gneech gets me. 1/2 http://t.co/Q2XNjvuMrt
- Sun, 15:39: Mrs Gneech gets me. 2/2 Also, I blame @foalpapers. http://t.co/ptb977JwJZ
- Sun, 15:41: On an unrelated note, my mentions are flooded! O.o Thank you, all! XD It's gonna take me a while to answer them all. ;)
- Sun, 15:42: A birthday serenade from @mlp_Pinkie Pie! :D Thank you, Pinks!
- Sun, 16:04: Speaking of blaming @foalpapers, I suspect he would love this comic as much as I do. http://t.co/pTeFOCrtGM
- Sun, 16:06: More kittens? NOOOOOooooouuuu... // RT @JoeMoose517: Wait! Today is @the_gneech's birthday!? SPLENDID! *unleashes the Birthday Kittens*
- Sun, 16:18: <3
- Sun, 16:19: RT @mlp_Pinkie: ♪ So @the_gneech-y, yes the Gneechy / Right here in this town! / We're gonna bring some birthday cheer / To one of the best…
- Sun, 16:19: RT @mlp_Pinkie: ♪ @the_gneech-y is renound for / His many brilliant works! / And his RPing is so top notch / You'll smile 'till it hurts! ♫
- Sun, 16:19: RT @mlp_Pinkie: ♪ No matter how things may go, your friends are all in reach! / Happy birthday! Happy birthday @the_gneech!♫ *TRIPLE PARTY…
Anyway! The last time I had a Mac as a serious working machine was c. 1998, and I was always a bit awkward on it then. These days the OS is even more opaque and not-telling-you-anythingey, so I'm sort of fumbling my way through ("Why do some installers just install, and others put a thing on your desktop? Why does the icon on the dock turn into a giant question mark if you try to get the thing off your desktop? How do I view the other computers on the network? AND WHAT ABOUT SCARECROW'S BRAIN???"), but I should be able to pick it up fairly quickly. And if I can't, well, I know a few Macheads who can probably steer me right.
In any case, having bought this thing while funds are tight, I am now obligated to go write some books on it! Which I will do, promise. ;) Laurie and I are operating pretty much on faith at the moment that she will get paid eventually, and resumes are going out either way. As the man once said, "Trust in Allah-- but tie up your camel."
My other major present was that I got mention-bombed by the #TwitterPonies. :D If you've never had Pinkie Pie herself serenade you for your birthday, take it from me it's a fun experience! ;)
KITTEN UPDATE: Inkyboy got his paw smooshed in the dishwasher door last night, which made for some worry. He was limping and favoring it all night, not to mention not wanting to do anything but cuddle up for comfort, so we were very worried that it might be a serious injury. This morning, however, he appears to be pretty much recovered, running around and playing normally, only limping on it every once in a while. We will mention it to the vet when we go back for the second round of distemper shots on Wednesday.
“Halloween, Halloween, the most wonderful time of the year!” Greg said in a happy sing-song as he swooped in with the mail. “Check it out, a retro-style actual paper catalog of Halloween costumes!”
“Wow, there’s a blast from the past,” said Brigid. “Lemme see.”
“I thought you hated Halloween,” said Greg, dropping the catalog into her lap.
“I do,” said Brigid. “I just like catalogs.” She opened it up and started flipping through it. “Ugh. No. Gah! Jeeze, this is awful. This isn’t Halloween at all!”
“Hmm?” said Greg. “What is it?”
“Halloween is supposed to be spooky. This crap is all just stupid! Gory rubber body parts, prop roadkill, yuck. And what’s with these costumes? ‘Sexy nurse.’ ‘Sexy devil girl.’ ‘Sexy vampire girl.’”
Greg sighed. “Ah. Yes, I do hate that.”
“‘Sexy witch,’” Brigid continued. “‘Sexy pirate girl.’ ‘Sexy maid.’ ‘Sexy prison inmate.’ ‘Sexy nun.’”
“Too bad they don’t have ‘sexy celibate monk,’” said Greg.
“Think again, buster,” said Brigid, and showed Greg a page.
“I hate what our culture has become,” Greg replied.
Would take up drinking if I could afford it. -.-