July 5th, 2015
( Collapse )
- Sat, 12:17: .@SeiferA? http://t.co/r9ogReafOe
- Sat, 23:44: Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of D&D 5E! We celebrated tonight by gaming. Go us. :)
- Sat, 23:45: I learned that it IS possible to make 5E just as grindy as 3.x/PF at their worst, but it takes effort.
- Sat, 23:46: After many sessions of feeling like cakewalks, I cranked difficulty and put in terrain that regenerated the baddies. Won’t do that again.
- Sat, 23:47: It wasn’t BAD, per se, but it was definitely monotonous a ways in.
- Sat, 23:55: RT @anthrocon: Current #AC2015 status http://t.co/0GM81UvbJN
- Sat, 23:56: Anyway. I’ll do a post-mortem post on the session later, but it’s clear that I’m going to need to refactor the last 1/3 of the adventure.
- Sat, 23:58: But I’m glad to have done the experiment, as it gives me a much better handle on the limits of 5E.
- Sat, 23:59: Once you get out of the super-fragile 1-3rd range, PCs are pretty durable. They took a pounding and managed to get through.
- Sun, 00:00: A couple of characters were knocked to 0 hp, but were restored by healing help from other party members quickly.