- Sun, 12:07: RT @mangastudio: 8 of the BEST getting started tips for #MangaStudio you've ever seen! On the blog-http://t.co/oJoNFSFilG http://t.co/grULM…
- Sun, 12:57: RT @Spacekatgal: Scientifically, the action that will most irritate a racist/sexist on Twitter is a block - not a comeback, public shame, o…
- Sun, 12:58: I think issue four is gonna be a good one. #AmWriting #SuburbanJungle
- Sun, 13:02: Half the guys in this SBX have the exact same uniform of black tee or sleeveless, khaki shorts, and baseball cap. It’s creepy.
- Sun, 13:16: RT @LadyRowyn: *finishes scene 8 of 10* *grumbles at long-winded side-tracking characters* DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT A PLOT IS, CHARACTERS? #am…
- Sun, 13:17: Okay… how do I fit acts three, four, and five into the last two pages of this comic? #AmWriting #SuburbanJungle
- Sun, 13:18: …Looks like I’ve got another two-parter on my hands. :P #AmWriting #SuburbanJungle
- Sun, 13:29: Brilliant! I could draw the whole issue that way! ;) https://t.co/ke8VewwUuw
- Sun, 17:32: Okay, this is just getting weird now. https://t.co/gAAnkoeeDx
- Sun, 18:44: I AM BEING STALKED BY PONIES https://t.co/PaQ0kCJbw4
Okay, okay, it’s not a monster writeup. But it has a monster in it, and it’s Monday. So deal with it!
Commission for Miertam, possibly the start of a new series, of Twilight learning all about monsters… the hard way. This episode’s entry is that adorable little six-legged tentacular light-warping critter, the displacer beast. Fluttershy, of course, thinks it’s adorable… and clearly Twilight is speechless with admiration!
Such a weird-honkin’ monster and one of my favorites, even if I rarely actually use them. 😀 Inspired originally by “Voyage of the Space Beagle” by A. E. van Vogt if my memory serves correctly, modified slightly and now immortalized by Dungeons and Dragons. Aside from its devious nature, the displacer beast has a permanent illusion of being some distance from its actual body. I never really thought that would actually be that confusing until I started drawing this, but now I can totally see it.
On an artistic note, for this pic I decided to do a piece that used the pony character models but drawn in my own style rather than trying to simply mimic the MLPFIM style. Whattya think?