I mentioned last week that I wanted to keep a record of some of my "Starbucks moments," and this one happened yesterday.
Being a public space in a busy suburb, we have a lot of people who float around the edges of common experience, so to speak, such as the gal who comes in, demands she be served her coffee quickly because she's in a hurry, then sits in the corner for hours staring intently into space.
One such person I encountered yesterday appeared on the outside to be a fairly typical "soccer mom" sort of woman. It was right at twilight and I was wheeling the trash can out to the dumpster, a fairly significant walk which involves crossing a street, as the dumpsters are on the far side of the shopping center. As I was crossing the street one way, she was crossing the other way, and we met in the middle, at which point she turned on her heel and walked alongside of me, and said, "Yes, we should all strive to improve ourselves, but to hold people up to a standard of perfection, is exactly the wrong thing to do."
"I agree," I said, as the wind caught a bit of plastic out of the trash can I was pushing and blew it away.
She nodded, apparently pleased to have someone agree with her, and said, "Well okay, let's hope we all get it together." She then nodded and went back off in the direction she'd been going, and I went on my merry way.
So, yeah. Appeared at a crossroad, at twilight, to give me a nugget of (admittedly random and somewhat baffling) wisdom? Pretty sure she was a spirit of some kind. She probably sprouted wings and took off when I wasn't looking.
Three Good Things For Today
- A whole day of writing! Awwwww, yeah! Come up with some good ideas to improve the third act, which I hope to get to tomorrow.
- Got some cash in that we've been waiting on. Rent for next month is covered. :)
- Had some nice comments from a Suburban Jungle fan on Twitter.
- BONUS GOOD THING: Had fun wandering around Barnes & Noble with laurie_robey.
- ANOTHER BONUS GOOD THING: Watched the first ep of "Supergirl," which was entertaining enough, if a bit formulaic.
Three Goals For Tomorrow
- Chiropractic appointment.
- Write MOAR.
- Try to get some game prep in.
G'nite world, and have an awesome tomorrow. :)