- Wed, 12:27: Second draft is done! Clocks in at 80,887 words.
- Wed, 12:34: RT @BillMoyersHQ: It may seem as there are few, if any, issues left on which Repubs & Dems agree. Money in politics is one such issue: http…
- Wed, 13:10: Beta readers! The second draft is in the usual spot. Enjoy! I hope to start shopping the book around at the beginning of December.
- Wed, 14:04: RT @MelBrooks: I love it! But is it just me, or does your Igor look a bit like a grinning Dark Helmet? https://t.co/X1keUAm39u
- Wed, 17:25: Huh. Thanks for the heads-up. https://t.co/SrGJoNfaQI
- Wed, 17:42: RT @jgeorge: @muskrat_john I want Kermit Flails to be happy events, not giving up on life events.
- Wed, 17:43: RT @muskrat_john: Superman should be about hope. The Muppets should be about joy. Going dark/adult/edgy isn't groundbreaking any more. It…
- Wed, 21:39: Rawr! I’m ferocious y’all! https://t.co/hRLvsbIWSE
- Wed, 21:44: …Seriously? O.o https://t.co/elZ0pfnQZd
- Wed, 22:51: Gnite world, and have an awesome tomorrow. Or at least have Paul Lynde renewing Dean Martin’s driver’s license. https://t.co/u5Q3RPezVm
Yesterday, I finished the second draft of my Sky Pirates novel and sent it off to the beta readers, which gave me a nice feeling of achievement. At ~80,900 words, it’s almost exactly the length I intended when outlining, even if that may end up being too short for some publishers.
Today, the first comic by me to see the air in a while went up, a guest comic for Matt Youngmark’s Conspiracy Friends! which is a fun romp through life as presented by the tabloids, I highly recommend it!
Speaking of comics, I think I figured out what was going wrong with issue four of Rough Housing– to wit, the part of me that wanted to be writing the Sky Pirates book was starting to shoehorn stuff from it into Rough Housing instead because that’s what I was working on.
So, having written the Sky Pirates book, maybe now I can relax a bit and let Rough Housing be its own thing. There’s a longer, more detailed explanation of what’s been going on with that, with my art generally, and with furry art in particular, which I still intend to write up at some point, but not just yet. Too many topics spoil the post!