- Wed, 13:45: RT @ConanOBrien: I’m having a hard time convincing my kids that Trump and Cosby used to be funny.
- Wed, 13:50: RT @boingboingfeed: Four sets of identical twins pull an epic NYC subway car time-machine prank https://t.co/xzW7OAUFN9 https://t.co/O3vY9k…
- Wed, 13:50: RT @AssateagueNPS: Keep an eye out for seals & whatever you do, don't try to 'help' them back into the water! They need to rest, too! https…
- Wed, 13:57: 1. Do a little dance. 2. Make a little love. 3. ????? 4. Get down tonight.
- Wed, 14:17: RT @protoncharging: Fun Fact! RGB toy ghosts were Swallows Everything, Takes Everything, Covers Everything, and Bites Everything Ghost. htt…
- Wed, 14:21: “Dude! Your breath…" https://t.co/dT5NINKfY4
- Wed, 14:31: RT @FollowCat: Step 1 for giving your cat a bath: Brush your teeth & make sure your tongue is clean before you start. #Cats
- Wed, 15:06: RT @NateSilver538: Also, the media is failing in its responsibilities by not making a bigger deal of Trump's threats of violence. Embarrass…
- Wed, 15:06: RT @slackmistress: Everyone SAYS they want a fairytale wedding but when I show up and curse their firstborn suddenly I'm the jerk.
- Wed, 15:29: RT @VeryLonelyLuke: Being a Jedi is 10 percent talking about peace and harmony and 90 percent stabbing stuff with lightsabers.
March 17th, 2016
“Ugh, St. Patrick’s Day, what have they done to you?” said Greg, wincing in dismay at the bar they drove past. “When I was a kid St. Patrick’s Day was ‘wear something green or you get pinched.’ When did it turn into ‘virulent idiots getting drunk on green beer’?”
“When I was a kid Halloween was ‘trick or treat,'” said Brigid. “When did it turn into ‘Sexy Axe Murderer’ costumes? Everything’s been screwed up for ages now. I blame the baby boomers.”
“Yeah. Growing up being told everything was all about them, they believed it, and have just trashed the country and the culture.”
“Hmm,” said Greg. “Well as much as I’d love to use them as a scapegoat, those aren’t baby boomers wearing plastic leprechaun hats and getting blotto we just passed. And it’s certainly not baby boomers in the Sexy Axe Murderer costume. Not any more, at least. You may have an argument for baby boomers having made the mess, but let’s be honest, generation X isn’t exactly cleaning up after them very well.”
“When you grow up in the asylum, you don’t realize that everyone around you is insane,” said Brigid. “Generation X was screwed from the start. All we can do is try to pave the way for the millennials to un-break the world.”
“…says the woman who thinks children should neither be seen nor heard,” said Greg.
“I believe that children are the future,” Brigid said. “And they can have it.”