May 30th, 2016
( Collapse )
- Mon, 00:01: Creepy Wolf Is Creepy: Suburban Jungle https://t.co/SektUlcbCA
- Mon, 10:08: *program crashes 40% of time* *reads suggestion to set video card power management, does that* *program crashes 100% of time*
- Mon, 10:23: RT @Slypenslyde: Watching @the_gneech's troubles reminds me how trying to play KotOR made me quit PC gaming forever
- Mon, 10:25: I tend to buy a hefty machine when there’s some new game I want to play and then run it into the ground.
- Mon, 10:25: The current machine was bought for LotRO right around launch. So that tells you its age.
- Mon, 10:25: It still runs LotRO beautifully! But Overwatch is just killing it.
- Mon, 10:28: I don’t think it’s that unique, actually. ;) There’s a lot of “NVidia fail!” around Win10 and current games. https://t.co/NBPkOcQGNW
- Mon, 10:54: PROGRESS. Found a Microsoft help page about the error pitched during the driver crash. Turns out there is a “registry tweak script” for it.
- Mon, 10:55: Long story short: system is polling the card and not getting an answer, ‘cos the card is busy rendering, so the system thinks it crashed.
- Mon, 10:55: So the system “helpfully” resets the card, even tho it doesn’t need it.