- Mon, 12:46: There’s a LOT to chew on here. https://t.co/eV4QqxcqeA
- Mon, 13:02: “I didn’t want a boyfriend. I wanted a fire lizard." https://t.co/iDpK47lBFI
- Mon, 13:47: RT @DidYouKnowFacts: How come I haven't seen this anywhere yet?!? https://t.co/z19JbZZjHO
- Mon, 14:57: RT @PlayOverwatch: "Measure twice, carve once." Make your Halloween even more heroic with these Overwatch-themed pumpkin stencils! 🎃📥 http…
- Mon, 14:59: RT @UrsulaV: Well. The maker of Chick Tracts has apparently passed away. That is a thing. Moment of silence for Elfstar, everybody. https…
- Mon, 15:05: Must’ve been a furry con. https://t.co/KF49nXzDCo
- Mon, 15:18: This is still going on in my head. It may take me a little while to process. https://t.co/P4Hgn3RdYb
- Mon, 15:59: RT @OverwatchTXT: How close I am to losing my shit https://t.co/k0wgBNkGsG
- Mon, 16:45: RT @SarcasticRover: Inventing a TV show called “The Roving Dead”. Basically, Spirit comes back as a zombie and I get to save the world.
- Mon, 16:48: RT @supership79: Nobel committee??! Hello??? https://t.co/aMdsiddArU
October 25th, 2016
First item of news: Issue Five launches on November 14th. I’m still kinda trying to figure out what I’m doing with it, but I’ve also reached the point where if I don’t set a deadline, it’ll languish, and I need to force my mental waveform to collapse (so to speak). I’m also going to be working on NaNoWriMo at the same time, and posting chunks of the NaNo project to my Patreon page for supporters.
Which leads to the topic of Patreon. I think I need to just come out and say it: I am terrible at running a Patreon. I have never been good at the “business hustle” part of being a professional artist, it’s just an alien world to me– and honestly, mental bandwidth I’ve been burning on trying to figure it out has been not just wasted, but siphoned away from the actual process of making the art. In short, I can run the business or make the product, but I can’t do both, and I need to stop trying.
How does that effect my Patreon? Well, my first inclination was to simply delete it entirely. But the strange thing about it is that many of my supporters have said they don’t really care about the “rewards” levels anyway, they just want to support my work. It’s kinda like the old Paypal tip jar, just a little more formalized.
So I’ve decided to leave the Patreon up, but I’m going to remove the reward tiers and make it a simple binary, “yes, you’re a subscriber, or no you aren’t” system. All subscribers will have access to all the Patreon content, which will include immediate comic page postings, draft chapters of books in progress, and so forth. I am also looking at changing it to a “per posting” model, and would be curious to hear any opinions folks have on the topic.
In any case, I’m going to make this change now, between monthly cycles, to give people plenty of time to adjust and/or bail if they wish.
Thanks for your patience! I hope to have some cool stuff for you soon.