- Fri, 15:42: RT @multiclass_geek: @the_gneech Gotta keep this one handy. https://t.co/VId1MLdzqK
- Fri, 18:48: RT @HobieOtt: I don’t know about you peeps, but I really dig Team Skull https://t.co/Bc1ijmTtD2
- Fri, 18:50: RT @muskrat_john: Consolation, Prized - It's a new DORK TOWER, full strip up now at https://t.co/fyl7VauEil RT, please? https://t.co/2yWQm…
- Fri, 18:53: RT @NewYorker: Today's afternoon cartoon by @BentSchwartz. See more cartoons with the New Yorker Today app: https://t.co/dcmMBFAmVe https:/…
- Fri, 22:08: No #NaNoWriMo today, took a mental health day. And honestly? I think it helped.
- Fri, 22:12: Much as I didn’t approve of Trump getting booed at the polling place, I heartily approve of Pence getting booed at the theater. <3
- Fri, 22:12: RT @kendrawcandraw: "Booing Mike Pence is disrespectful" The dude believes I should have the gay electrocuted out of me I will boo him in h…
- Fri, 22:16: Anyway, I feel quite positive tonight, better than I have in weeks.
- Fri, 22:17: I’m gonna grab some sleep, and in the morning, I’m gonna get back on my one true job, “Make the world more awesome."
- Fri, 22:18: Yeah, it’s a big job, and the current situation’s not making it any easier, but it’s what I do. So.
November 19th, 2016
As things have developed, both public and private, I have decided that my I need to change my priorities in the upcoming months. To that end, I need to put By Elves Abandoned on the back burner and work on other things. Instead of working on those other things and feeling guilty about not hitting wordcount goals for NaNoWriMo, I’ve decided to simply let that go.
The book still has a lot of potential, and I expect to pick it up again before too long, it’s purely a matter of timing. Maybe my own personal NaNoWriMo will come in February, we’ll see!
Suburban Jungle will keep going, and punting on NaNo will hopefully give me time to fix up lingering issues I’m having with the current storyline and the direction the comic is taking generally. Fortunately, that only takes me a couple of days a week and could be done at night or on the weekends as needed. I am also still working on finding a publisher for Sky Pirates of Calypsitania.
How Not to Suck at Overwatch is also going to go quiet for the foreseeable future. It was a fun project and I enjoyed it (and I’m very grateful to the friends and fans who made it possible), but at least for now I have other things I need to concentrate on.
As for what I am working on, that’s not in a stage where I’m ready to tell the world. But when the time comes, I will! But until then, I’ve got commissions to finish and a comic to draw, so I’d better get to work.