Um ... a lot. 0.o laurie_robey and I have what is nominally a bedroom upstairs that is lined with bookshelves, and down here near the computer I have shelves with gaming books and art books. Without even trying to count, I'm going to throw out "a thousand." Edit: Laurie says it's closer to three thousand, and I'll take her word for it.
2) Last book you bought:
Just mentioned them the other day, actually ... Four To Go by Rex Stout, The Pleasure of My Company by Steve Martin, and an audio edition of Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit by P.G. Wodehouse.
3) The last book you read:
Hrm ... if you mean the last one I opened up and read bits from, that would be The Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook by Wizards of the Coast. If you mean the last book I sat and read for pleasure, that would be Not Quite Dead Enough, by Rex Stout.
4) Five books that mean a lot to you:
I'm gonna cheat and combine some related books here, listed in no particular order.
- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams. Much as I love the Hitchhiker's Guide books, I love the Dirk Gently books more.
- The Conan Chronicles: People of the Black Circle (Volume 1), by Robert E. Howard. This is a recent collection of Howard's Conan stories, restored to his original versions rather than later edited or "posthumously collaborated" versions. There are two volumes; I chose this one because it has most of my favorites in it.
- Tarzan of the Apes by Burne Hogarth. This is one of the books that made me want to draw comics.
- Love Hina by Ken Akamatsu. By this I mean the entire manga run.
- The Pride of Chanur by C.J. Cherryh. That woman really needs to lay off the caffiene, but I love the Chanur books anyway. My Star Hero campaign was basically an attempt to do "Chanur: The Roleplaying Game" without being quite so derivative.
5) And tag five people you want to see do this quiz...
Um, I would prefer not to. Anybody who wants to do it, however, is more than welcome to!